Saturday, March 29, 2008

Surprise!!

Friday, March 28th, 2008
A few days ago, my brother Brett asked if Ryan and I wanted to come over on Friday to have a ping-pong tournament. He said he was having some friends over and they were going to do a bracket-style tourney. I told Ryan about it and he was definitely up for it! Tonight (Friday)rolled around and I was waiting for Ry to get off work and come up. I got the idea that I wanted to make some of that gooey, coconuty, chex mix. When Ryan got to my house, I told him I wanted to go to Smith's to buy some of the necessary ingredients. We got to Smith's and I started gathering things up, and Ryan kept trying to talk me out of making it. I didn't want to go to Brett's empty-handed so I insisted. The bill came to $20 or so and Ryan said he would pay for it. I didn't understand why he'd pay when he didn't even want me to make it, but I thought it was very sweet of him. After that I tried calling my sis Kell to see if she was coming, but I could not get hold of her. I called Brett to see if we could come now and he told me he got caught up at work and would be late. He asked if I'd go and pick up two pizza's at the Little Caesar's in Clinton. I said I would, so Ry and I headed to Clinton. I didn't think two pizza's would be enough to feed everyone, so I got a third one, plus some breadsticks. We finally made our way to Brett's house and walked in.

"SURPRISE!" My sister Kellee, along with the help of Brett, and Ry planned a surprise party for me! My whole family (excluding my parents, who had Jazz tickets) was there, Laura, Kalani and kids, Amy Bedoya, Codee Jones and her fam, Thom, Tandra and Mason, and Chris (my old roomie) were all there! I was so shocked! I seriously had no idea. And me, being the big baby I am, started crying because it was so sweet! Kellee had contacted all these people weeks ago and planned it all. She even called my work to have the first couple hours of my shift covered! What a great sis! At the party they already had eight pizza's, and my mom had made a huge yummy salad, some delicious dip, and she also bought the cake. Needless to say, the Chex mix never came to fruition, and it's no wonder Ryan was trying to talk me out of it! I had such a great time though and was so grateful to everyone who came. It was the best birthday ever! Here are some pics from tonight:




What's that? Happy Birthday K i r s t a! Ha ha


My oldest brother Ryan and his family



Me and Ry in front of my birthday sign

Mason, Tandra, Amy, Laura and her daughter Autumn


Sisters-in-law Missy and RaNae. Niece Nicole.


Sweet sis Kellee, adorable niece Brookie, Thom and Ryan


I love these girls! Laura, Amy, me, Chris and Tandra



The Party Planners, Brett, Kellee and Ryan (Oh, and Amy and I!) Ryan looks so cute in this pic!

9 comments:

Jones Family said...

Wahoo!! I was there!! Although I don't see any pictures of myself what the heck? Jk I'm glad we are blogger friends

Carrie and Jeff said...

I'm sad that I couldn't be there. You're b-day is actually tomorrow---the 30th right? I'll have to remember to call you. Looks like the party was a lot of fun.

Krista said...

Kellee said she tried getting hold of you but was never successful. I'm sure with the baby it would have been too hard anyway! Thanks though!

Celeste M. Amazing said...

Dudes...
Your party looked pretty sweet. I'm way glad it turned out so great. You have some pretty cool friends and family.

I hope your b-day was just as good.
So what's the deal with the chex mix? Why was that a bust?

Diana said...

Happy b-day Krista, looks like you had a really great party, but the cake has nothing on my " --- me up cake." I sensored it just in case this is a family friendly site, but you know the name of your blog might suggest otherwise :) hahaha, love ya, hope you had a wonderful day.

Krista said...

Hahaha, that's true Di, no cake will ever compare with YOUR cake! Maybe I'll put those pictures up. Ha. But wait, is the name of my blog bad?! I don't get it!

~Sarah said...

It's been so fun to check out your blog! I am addicted to blogging, my blog has been under-construction until a few days ago. I'm about to start mid-terms, so I haven't had time to add the latest. I'll try to do the soon. Looks like you had a good birthday. I wish I could make it to Deanna's wedding but it is during exams...it's hard for me to be gone for a day. Next time I come up I will let you know.

The Reid Family said...

Happy Belated Birthday! You do have one great sis, although she excluded me from the VIP list! But you always said Codee was your favorite right?!! Im glad you stopped by my page, and that we can now be blogger buds too!

Ashley said...

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!!!! It looks like you had a great time! You are so pretty! You look great!! You and your boy look so happy together too! I want to meet him! oh and I love the cake! ha ha that's hilarious!