Tuesday, March 18, 2008

More Family Time!

Today was a fun, full day! My mom watched Brookie early this morning for Jed and Hollie. When I got up I took her with me over to Brett and Melissa's to watch Tayson. That means watching two babies under two years old. Luckily, they are both angels! Brooklyn is such a sweet, smart, sassy little girl! She will be two next month and can already sing The ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star, and The Wheels on the Bus. She loves her baby cousin Tayson too! About 1:30, Becky (Jed's sis-in-law) came and picked up Brookie. After they left, Tayson and I went for a long walk with the stroller. He fell fast asleep and stayed that way for a few hours. Melissa got home from class and took a nap since she had to work a night shift at the hospital (Crazy, me too!). A few days ago, she made a paper mache of an easter egg for the kids to hit open this Easter Sunday and told me if I got bored I could paint it. It sounded like fun, and it was! Here are some pictures:



Even though my family made fun of me for taking pictures of my "artwork," I think the egg turned out cute!


It was a fun little project! Later that evening, Brett, Kellee, Jed, Mom, Tayson and I went to eat at Wingers. We had a fun time, and as usual acted like nerds laughing at the dumbest things. Especially when Kellee trapped me in the booth with the table!

After dinner, we got in the cars and headed to say farewell to Paige. We had a really nice visit with her. I will miss her very much but I'm really proud of her and I know she will do great!

3 comments:

Nikki A. said...

Don't let anyone diss your egg - it's a masterpiece :) I forgot to say on my last comment that I LOVE Cheesecake Factory. You've gotta try this awesome appetizer called Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes. They are sooo wicked good! I'm drooling just thinking about them (although I drool a lot normally, lol). I sometimes get them for my entree because they fill you up that much. Yumm!

Kara Elmore said...

oh - now THIS is artwork!!!! I'm SO proud to know you - to know that your skills are constantly being put to the test. To hang something SO high from a teeny little wire. talent, I tell ya. pure, raw talent! :)

love you!!!

Ashley said...

Yo girl! Welcome to the blogging world! I'm so glad you have a blog because I never get to see you anymore. We really need to get lunch sometime..we have alot of catching up to do.