Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Saturday Night Fun

Even though Ryan really wanted to go the Jazz game on Saturday night, he (sweetly, albeit reluctantly) agreed to go to dinner and play games with my friend Nancy and her husband Michael. Nancy and I have known each other for years, but I'll get to that later.

We met up at the Sizzler on 2100 S. and 1300 E. Apparently Sizzler is Nancy's favorite restaurant (really?!) and it was her birthday so she got to choose. Ryan had once met Nancy and Michael at a BBQ at Laura and Kalani's but didn't really get a chance to talk much. And actually, I think it was only my third time meeting him. After stocking up at the salad bar we got down to the business of getting to know each other. Turns out Ryan and Michael have a lot in common. I have to admit, some of the conversations flying around at that table were over my head. Who knows anything about The Yardbirds, Stargate SG-1, and The Justice League? Certainly not me! Oh, and I musn't forget Firefly. Apparently FOX did something to really mess up that series. :) It was fun though and cool that they had things in common! Nancy and I, of course, did our fair share of reminiscing and laughing about the good ol' days though.

Nancy and I go way back. I think since '97 or so. LONG story short, she was Laura's (my best friend) roommate and we sure had some good times! Here are just a few of those memories:

-Annalisa, me, Nancy and Laura in the hot tub at the ski rental house:

The boys in the next hot tub over: "Hey ladies, how you doin tonight?"
Annalisa: "Oh, nothin much. Yo, are you homies just kickin it in the pad?"
The boys in the next hot tub over: "Uh, yeah. OK, bye."
Annalisa: "Peace out brotha's from anotha mutha!"

-Nancy skippin class so we could hang out and watch movies while Laura was at work!

-Our trip to Kentucky! Nancy, Laura and I flew out to Nikki's in KY. Despite one teeny-tiny knock-down, drag-out fight, (ha ha) we had a lot of fun! It was great staying with Nikki (hilarious sister of Nancy), Alif and Justin. We went horseback riding and Nancy fell off a horse, producing the world's largest bum bruise! We went and explored a really neat cave where I stupidly wore sandals and gashed my foot open on who-knows-what. We also went swimming in a pretty lake I don't know the name of. Our trip to KY was because Nancy was buying Nikki's car. We then got to drive it cross country back home. We stopped and stayed in St. Louis with my friend Kara and her husband too! Fun mems!

So...back to Saturday night. After dinner we went back to Nancy and Michael's to play a fun game called Dicecapades. Even though Ryan and I were crushing them the whole game, they came back in the final minutes to win. Dang. I would've called a rematch if I didn't have to rush off to work!

Next time. :)

4 comments:

Nancy said...

The lake we went to was Lake Cumberland. That was fun. Remember how Nikki's dog Maddie was out swimming with us and kept trying to rescue Nikki? That was funny. What wasn't funny was the largest bum bruise (and a cracked tail bone) in the world! It sure was fun driving all the way across country sitting on a bag of ice and my pillow! Ouch!

I totally forgot about Annalisa and the hot tub incident until you mentioned it at dinner the other night. That was hilarious! One of my other fond memories was that time we went to Vegas. Ah! Good times. :]

Thanks again for coming to dinner with us and for the fun. We'll give you a rematch any time!! Just be prepared to lose again. ;] And any time Ryan wants to go to a Jazz game, we are there!

Nikki A. said...

Um, I think you guys should take me to a Jazz game when I come in a few days. It's only right to be hospitable to me :)

You're blog is really cute! I'm just curious as to when you're going to put more pictures on it? Get a move on already, lol.

Hey good news, I fixed my comment thing. Yay! So feel free to comment like you've never commented before, wa ha ha ha!
Love ya, Nik Dawg

Celeste M. Amazing said...

Who is your best friend again?

Krista said...

Oh, well...I have a couple best friends! Celeste Johnson used to be one, but I'm not sure about this Celeste Dahl character!