Saturday, March 29, 2008

Easter Sunday!

March 23, 2008

Sunday morning after I got off work I headed home to get ready for church. We were heading down to Payson, UT for a farewell. My mom, dad, and I met up with Ryan in South Salt Lake and continued on our way. My cousin Dave's son (Jordan) is going to Chicago in a few weeks on his mission. He did a very nice job and afterwards we all headed to my Aunt Jean and Uncle Marriner's for lunch. It was a very nice lunch and it was really good seeing some extended family I hadn't seen in a very long time! We stayed and visited for a few hours and headed home.

Once we got home I tried to take a little nap, (since I'd been up working all night long) but realized there was too much excitement going on. The whole family came over for dinner and Easter festivities. My mom made an excellent meal of ham, au gratin potatoes, asparagus, bread and salad. We all played a few rounds of Lightening in the back yard, where Ry and Brett went head-to-head a few times in the finals! After dinner we had the Easter egg hunt and let the kids hit open the previously mentioned egg pinata! My mom also made "Resurrection rolls" for the kids. She put a marshmallow inside some croissant dough and compared the marshmallow to Jesus and the roll to the tomb. When she baked the rolls the marshmallow disappeared, leaving the roll "empty" inside, just like the resurrection. It was a really cute idea but perhaps somewhat inappropriate, especially when Lexie took a bite out of a marshmallow and said, "So, I'm eating Jesus?"



Addie hitting the egg


Ellie's up next







Swing, Bracken swing!





Where's the pinata Lexie?





Dallin finally broke it open!






Grabbin for the goods




Everyone with their loot



Much of the gang




Krista and Ryan





Ellie, Nicole, Lexie and mom with the "Resurrection" rolls






Ellie, Brookie, Me, and Tayson






Brookie, Hollie, and Avery



Happy Easter!




1 comment:

Celeste M. Amazing said...

Super cute pics.
Man all of your nieces and nephews are getting so big. It's insane.
I'm glad Ry comes to everything. What a good guy. :)