Sunday, March 23, 2008

And another week passes....

Saturday, March 22nd:

Dance night. Had fun setting up and preppin for the dance. The girls were very creative and decorated the cultural hall in Easter decor. Only about 20-25 kids showed up, but it was still a lot of fun. Addie was at my mom and dad's and she wanted to go to the dance SO BAD, so I let her come. She was a sweetie. Preston was also there and he was quite hilarious dancing all over the place! Now I'm at work catching up on the weeks events! Can't wait for the Easter egg hunt at my parent's house tomorrow. I love seeing all the nieces and nephews get excited for that!


Friday, March 21st:

I've been serving as the 1st Counselor in YW's since November and it has been a lot of fun! For one of their value projects, the Mia Maids decided to plan and put on a dance. They were supposed to do all of the preparation and planning but I told them if they needed me to take them shopping for decorations, I would. One of the girls Meg, called and asked if I could take her and a few of the other girls to WalMart. I borrowed my bro Brady's truck so I could fit us all. Turns out ALL the girls wanted to go! We had me and seven Mia Maids packed in. Probably not the best idea, but they all wanted to go and who was I to turn one of them away? Our trip to WalMart went without a hitch and I reminded the girls to keep it on the down-low about our seatbelt-less ride. I dropped off four of the girls and rounded the block only to see our Bishop down the street. We stopped to say hi and the bishop asked what we were up to. Almost immediately one of the girls blurted out, "Krista took us to WalMart and we had eight people in here!" Hahaha. Oh dear. The Bishop looked at me and said, "Are you serious!?" We all got a good laugh out of it and the Bish was way cool, but I really don't think I'll be doing that again!

Thursday, March 20th:

I tried sleeping in since I had to work Thursday night. After I got up I did some house cleaning, practiced some music, and got ready for our Kaye Starr Performance. Kellee, my mom, and I headed down to Salt Lake where we met up with Ryan (who is always supportive of ALL my performances) to go to our performance at the Lion's House. We got to park in the lot under the Church Office Building (which, I'm told is where the General Authorities park). We went in a back door to the Lion's House where we waited before we were to sing. The group we were singing for is called the DinOrators. They dine and listen to orators, or speakers, and/or musical groups. They were established in the 40's and Bruce R. McConkie was apparently one of its first members.

We'd been practicing new songs for the past couple months from one of Kaye Starr's newest programs, "Voices From the Dust." I think things went very well, (if not a bit long) and it was cool to sing there. Kellee and I did a duet called "As A Child," and on one verse I decided to make up my own harmony. Whoops! I don't think anyone besides KS noticed though! The people were very nice, especially one older gent who patted my cheek and said to me, "I loved looking at your face, you exuded the Spirit!" How very nice!


Wednesday, March 19th:

Wednesday was a day of seeing old friends and family. I decided to call my dear old friend Adie. We talked for a few minutes catching up when we decided we should go out to lunch. She came and picked me up and we headed to Cafe Rio. We ate and talked and laughed for a really long time. Afterwards, we went to Target and spent a nice chunk of time shopping. Sometimes I don't know if I know anyone nerdier than her. She went through the aisles calling for her dog Harley! She didn't just call out to the dog (who was in fact, at home) in a normal voice, oh no, it was in some strange Adie tongue! Ha ha, what a crack up. It def took me back to some of our High School/early college days! Since we had such a great time, we're going to make more of a habit of hanging out!

After I got home I was supposed to have a meeting with the Stake Young Women's Presidency but found out it was cancelled. Since I didn't have anything to do for the rest of the night I called Ryan to see when he'd be off. He was getting off soon so we decided to meet up in Bountiful and go hit a bucket of balls. On the way there, Carrie called me from the hospital! She'd just had her new baby boy the day before. We hung up before I pulled into the golf course. I pulled up and asked Ryan if he minded a change of plans. I wanted to go down and see Carrie and the new baby! Ryan is so sweet and was up for it too! So we drove down to Orem, went to K-Mart to get an outfit, then went to the Timpanogos Hospital. Owen Gunther Bean is so adorable! He is soo tiny and sweet! Carrie looks great for just giving birth too! We stayed for awhile and even played a game similar to SORRY, which Ryan won! After we left the hospital, we stopped by my cousin Julie's in American Fork. I love her and it was so great seeing her, even if for only thirty-minutes!

1 comment:

Carrie and Jeff said...

Krista---I love you! Thanks for coming to visit me in the hospital (and thanks for the cute outfits too). I can't wait to see you again. I think we're having the next GNO at my house. I can't wait! I love that you are blogging---we are going to have soooo much fun!