Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Friday Fun at Temple Square

Last Friday was a fun evening. Nancy and Michael invited Ryan and I to attend a concert with them on Temple Square. Nancy's brother Ben ended up coming to town from Vegas so we decided to set him up on a date. We lined him up with my old roomie Chris and hoped it would be a match-made in heaven! We met up at the Lion's House for a quick bite before the show. After we ate we headed over to see Joseph Smith the Prophet, at the tabernacle. (A funny side-note, we ran into Phyllis, one of my friend's from high-school. I probably hadn't seen her in four years prior to our lunch yesterday, and and now again on Temple square the next day!) Anyway, Ryan was running late because he got out of work late and I hadn't told him it was best-dressed (oops), so we ended up going in without him. I was excited because Presidents Monson and Uchtdorf came in and we had a perfect view of them the whole time. On top of that, the concert was amazing!
As for the match-made in heaven? Well, no numbers were exchanged, but I guess ya never know! It was a fun night. Thanks for the invites, Martins!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Last Friday night was fun (and so was last night!). I'm sorry Ry Ry wasn't able to come but fun times were definitely had. YAY! Thanks for coming with us and for bringing along some extra fun (Chris). She's great. Or should I say shgret! :] Chat with you soon, BFF!

Brian and Amber said...

That sounds like fun! It is so awesome to see the Prophet. I miss all by buds at work :(

Celeste M. Amazing said...

I feel like I just read one of those christmas brag letters.
hahaha and Ryan was the one who you had the hardest time writing something positive about.
jk
That sounds way cool.

audri jo said...

Thanks for thinking the pic is cute, I think we both look a little drunky...but don't worry, we weren't :) The 14 year old, prepubescents next to us on the other hand...I'm not so sure of. Through the entire game they tried to prove their new-found manliness by swearing every 2 seconds. Their conjugations didn't even make sense. The whole time I kept thinking "Where are your mothers?" Anywho, that was a tangent...the game was so much fun :)

So tomorrow night...you, me, Kellie, and some sticky fingers? :) WHOO!

Carrie and Jeff said...

That's awesome that you are setting Chris up. I hope he asks her out again. Did she seem to like him?