Friday, April 11, 2008

Remodel, Ingrid, Conference & Albertson's

I haven't posted anything for a week or so and since I have a few cool things to write about, I'll go back. Several weeks ago my brother Brady asked if our family would be able to come help him get his house ready to remodel. Friday evening we all headed to Brady's and got to work. We pulled up carpet and tackboard, scrubbed walls and cupboards, pounded out tile and linoleum, mudded, patched and sanded and other various jobs. Of the twenty-five members of my immediate family, almost all were there to help. At one point Dallin and Nicole were on top of the cupboards vacuuming and scrubbing. Jed and my dad were doing all the taping and drywall stuff since they're so good at it. RaNae and Melissa took on the grueling task of pulling tacks and staples out of the floors. Weston taped and painted. Ryan, Brett and Brady were pouding out the tiling and various other things. My mom kept things organized and swept right under our feet. At all times everone was busy working hard and getting things done. I'm so grateful for a family who is so willing to help each other. My family has always pitched in and pulled together whether it was someone moving, painting, putting in a yard, or building a shed. It's so nice to know you can count on your family and they will always be there in any time of need!

The next day was a day I had been looking forward to for weeks. Ryan and I had gotten tickets to see one of my favorite artists, Ingrid Michaelson. I love her voice, her songs and harmonies, not to mention she is really down to earth. I know that because she and I are pretty tight. HA! Anyway, The concert was actually called the Hotel Cafe Tour which featured a lot of up and coming artists. There were some cool people I liked; Meika, and Dan Wilson, but there simply was not enough Ingrid. What she did sing was amazing live though and it was great because we were right up close to the front and had a perfect view! Afterwards, we started shuffling out but I noticed a few people milling around by the stage. I told Ryan I wanted to see if she'd come out. Sure enough, a few minutes later she came out. Did I actually wait to meet her, get a picture taken with her and ask for an autograph? Yes, yes I did. I'm pretty sure Ryan thinks I'm a huge nerd, and actually I think I'm a huge nerd for doing so, but what the heck? It was fun! Anyway, I only had my camera phone with no flash so the picture is pretty much pitch black, but here it is:




Best buds, Ingrid & Krista





Apparently I'm her #1 fan



After a great night with Ryan we went our separate ways and headed home. The next day was General Conference. I always love when it's conference time and we get to hear from our Prophet and apostles. Even though I love and miss President Hinckley dearly, I love President Monson and know he truly is a prophet of God. I recorded Saturday's session since I wasn't able to watch it and have yet to watch it. Soon though!


Now tonight is Friday night again. Ryan came up after work so we could go to Albertson's! What could be more fun for a Friday night date? It's kinda sad actually. The Alberton's on Antelope Drive (next to Kmart) is closing. It's so weird because it's the store we always went to (besides Hamblin's) growing up. That was long before the days of having a Smith's and Walmart in Syracuse, let alone a traffic light! Anyway, most everything in the store is 75% off so we wanted to see if we could get some deals! We got there and I'd say more than 80% of the merchandise is already gone. Nevertheless, we got a few steals and it was fun to watch Mr. I-Hate-Shopping going through the bargains. After shopping, we got some take-out chinese food and now I'm here at work. I'd say I had a pretty great week!


8 comments:

Jones Family said...

Crazy that Alberton's is closing.. I remember going there with Kel all the time when we had sleep overs and couldn't drive so brett or your mom would take us..Good times!

Celeste M. Amazing said...

Sad. Alb's is closing?
Well I love the pic.... oh wait you can't see jack crap!
What the heck yo. Did you just make up that story about meeting Ingrid?

Carrie and Jeff said...

That is great that everyone in your family is so helpful. There are a few people in my family who aren't so willing to do it. I don't know who this Ingrid lady is. I'll have to look her up. If you like her songs--then I'm sure I will too.

Nancy said...

Hey Krista! I have a blog now! Did you get the invite? LMK. :] Are you still planning on Friday?

audri jo said...

I always forget that you work the night shift...for a second there I thought you were just K-K-K Krazy! (okay, lame...i know..but it's 1am) Just saw your post on my blog...I was actually updating the background at the same time, did it transform right before your eyes? I'm SO happy I'm not the only closet Bachelor watcher. I know I shouldn't like it because it's totally trashy...maybe that's why I like it? Anyway, I'm totally routing for Amanda, she's adorable! How was KSS tonight? I'll be there next week...so as long as nothing super dramatic happens (aka grandpa), lets plan on dinner and/or dessert afterwards? Whoo, I'm getting excited just thinking about it :)

audri jo said...

PS...I know I didn't "tag" you on my blog, but I think you should do the "Getting To Know Me"...I'd be interested.

Stephanie Behling said...

I love Ingrid Michaelson!!! I got her c.d. for Christmas and it is seriously one of my favorites. I didn't get to go to the concert though, sad. Did you know that 101.9 the end put on a private concert at the Best Buy on 2100 south that day? I really wanted to go, but didn't. It was free and everything. Next time she comes, though, I'm there.

Nikki A. said...

Hey, how do I get your family to come do some work for me, lol! It's great to hear all your likes, etc. Does this mean that I "get" to do it on my blog? You're a naughty princess, but I still love you! Hope all is fab you foxy lil' poodle monkey.