Monday, May 5, 2008

Awesome Quote

Not to sound overly dramatic or picked on, but the past six months or so I've had a rough go of things. It sometimes seems like almost everything that could cause stress, anxiety or worry has hit me. I won't go into any detail, but I think the past six months may have been the hardest to-date for me. I know we all go through trials, temptations, and tribulations for a reason though. I remember when I was a young woman hearing a talk by President Benson (I think that's who it was), and he talked about how he prayed every day for a new mountain to climb. He said every time he conquered a mountain and overcame trial, he came out a better, stronger, more faithful person. I remember thinking, "I don't think I could EVER pray for that!" I'm still not sure if I would, but I know it's true. As I continue to work out the things going on in my life, it's quotes like this that make me happy and hopeful!

"The challenges you face, the growth experiences you encounter, are intended to be temporary scenes played out on the stage of a life of continuing peace and happiness. Sadness, heartache, and disappointment are events in life. It is not intended that they be the substance of life. I do not minimize how hard some of these events can be. When the lesson you are to learn is very important, trials can extend over a long period of time, but they should not be allowed to become the confining focus of everything you do. Your life can and should be wondrously rewarding. It is your understanding and application of the laws of God that will give your life glorious purpose as you ascend and conquer the difficulties of life. That perspective keeps challenges confined to their proper place--stepping-stones to further growth and attainment."
– Elder Richard G. Scott –

7 comments:

~Sarah said...

Hey Krista, thanks for sharing that quote. I love that one. Reading about your life, totally makes me miss our choir days and parties at your house. We had some great times together. I'm coming to UT in three weeks!!! We are doing a big family reunion over Memorial Day, but I am going to try and come up north for a few days as well. Hopefully we can get together. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

wow - that was what I needed today. Printed it, even!!! Thank you my friend Krista. Triple K fleas ALL THE WAY!! I love you!

Carrie and Jeff said...

I love you Krista. I'm excited that I'm going to see you on Friday. You're coming to our GNO, right? Just remember, you will receive many blessings for overcoming yours trials. I think Heavenly Father gives us trials to make us stronger, but he blesses us with a great support group to help us through our trials. I'm here for you whenever you need me.

audri jo said...

Point to the person sitting at their desk crying after reading that...oopsie. Thanks for sharing, I needed to hear those exact words. See you in a few hours :)

Brian and Amber said...

What a great quote. It is always good to hear that challenges are just stepping stones to further our growth. Love ya girl!

Nikki A. said...

Hey girlie. So here's one of those Nikki actually being serious times. So like I was sitting here reading that last paragraph without seeing the quotation marks. I was like, whoa, Krista is so deep and eloquent in expressing herself. I'm such a nerd, but I loved it all even if you didn't say the bottom part :) It's so true! I like how it said not to let it become the confining focus...but if we just apply the laws of God...then we'll be able to conquer the difficulties in life. Thanks for your great post - you really are deep and eloquent in expressing yourself (see 1st paragraph). Thanks for the uplift - you're the best!!
Love ya :)

Diana said...

Hey Krista, that is an awesome quote. I feel a little sad that I haven't been in touch enough to know how you are doing. I miss you lots. I'm jealous you and Carrie are hanging out without me. I'll be in UT in Aug. I'll be sure to see you guys then. Love ya