Friday, May 30, 2008

After MUCH Anticipation...

...I have finally posted a blog (Ha ha). Unfortunately, I don't have anything too exciting to blog about! I haven't had a lot of things happening lately. My average week consists of church, work, mutual, KS Singers, and Ryan. I suppose I'll write a little about each of those.

Church: Church is always great, right? About four days before Mother's Day, the 1st counselor in the bishopric asked if I would speak. He informed me they usually ask people two weeks in advance, but somehow I'd slipped through the cracks. What?! I told him I'd prefer to sing, he said no. He also told me my topic would be on Mary, the mother of Jesus. Oh sure, no problemo. I have to admit, I was less than thrilled, but only because speaking is hard enough, let alone when you have four days and have to speak on someone as amazing and divine as Mary. I got to work and did a lot of studying. I learned so much about our Savior's Mother and what an example she can be to all of us. In the end, it was a wonderful thing for me to learn and even though I cried through 1/2 of my talk, all went well.

Work: Oh boy! Where do I start? Let me just say this; for the past year our supervisors have been telling us about some BIG scheduling changes coming to our department. Every one of the employees have been up in arms over these huge "life-changing" events! LONG story short, after months of worry, fighting, anticipation-and maybe even some excitement-my shift stayed the same. Thanks for nothin.

Mutual: This week we went to the Family History Center in SLC. Holy cow! What an amazing place. There is endless amounts of information at that place. The info on the microfiche alone goes on forever! I have never really been into geneology, but I've heard how people get so into it that it almost becomes an addiction. Before now, I've never really understood that phenomenon, but after going there, I can! I may even start doing some family history work myself!

Side note: Not everyone was as thrilled to be there as me, i.e. some of the 14-year old girls who shall remain nameless!

P.S. Did anyone else hear that the Catholic church will no longer allow names from their archives to be turned over to us for temple work. I think that is such a shame!

KS Singers: Making a commitment to rehearse every single Tuesday is often hard, but it's worth it. I feel so blessed to have music a big part of my life. I also feel blessed to be able to sing with this group and sing such beautiful songs about the Book of Mormon. We've had so many amazing experiences from singing in St. George to San Jose, to Hawaii! One day I need to write about our trip to Hawaii and how amazing it was!

Last, but certainly not least, Ryan: I love spending every last minute with him! We spent the last 9 of 11 days together and it was wonderful! Living over an hour apart from each other makes it hard to see each other more than 3-4 times/week so I'm feeling a bit spoiled. Things are going very well for us lately and I appreciate him so much. He is such a kind, patient, loving guy. He supports me in any/everything I do whether it's work choices, church callings or singing. Over the last two years and dozens of KS performances, he's probably only missed five. I love that about him. He is such a constant in my life and I know I can count on him for anything. In his kind, subtle ways, he helps me to be a better person. He's quiet and calming and reassuring. I love him and feel so lucky to have him!

Well, I guess I had more to write about than I thought. Life is great. :)

P.S. I want to give a shout-out to my BFF Celeste! (I just want to make sure she doesn't give me a hard time for not mentioning her in my post!)

9 comments:

Celeste M. Amazing said...

I almost wanted to puke at the mushy Ryan part but then you mentioned me and my heart skipped a beat.
I love you diggies! :)

Carrie and Jeff said...

It sounds like you have a lot to write about. Your life is never dull---that's for sure. Can't wait to see you again.

Nancy said...

Ah! No wonder why I haven't heard from you very much the last week or so. It's all making sense to me now!! I have missed our chats. And, even though I wasn't mentioned(don't worry, I won't cry), I enjoyed the post even if you had nothing to say. Isn't that what a blog is supposed to be? Random thoughts about life and the world? Or is that just my blog? ;]

Brian and Amber said...

Your shift didn't change?? Wow. How am I not surprised?? I miss you Krista!! I am so glad you updated, it is so good to hear what you've been up to. Love you! Can I be your BFF too? ha ha! lol :)

Ashley said...

jeez, you've been busy girl! I'm glad I can get the update on ya here since I never get to see you anymore..We need to go out to lunch again soon.

Jones Family said...

Your post are always so fun to read..Glad everything is going good for you! Love ya!

Carol Whittaker Turner said...

So, when are you getting married????

Adie Mitchell said...

Krust!! Cute post darling!! How are ya? we need to hit Cafe Rio soon! ANNDDDDD.... you need to help me get my blog going!! you promised! I hope all is well with you!! LYg_Adie

Diana said...

What's KS Singers? I miss singing so much. My babies love to have me sing to them, and we have lots of music around all the time, but I do miss choir a lot.