Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's August?

Where has the summer gone? I never got around to blogging about our time at the cabin, but rest assured we had a wonderful time! As always, we swam in the river, rode the four-wheelers all over, went tubing, body floated from the bridge, played bacce, went into town to get ice-cream at Dave's (who has incidentally raised the price from .79 cents to .99 cents! As much as they pack in those cups though, it is WELL worth it!), went to the Ashton City 4th of July parade (which is a pretty awesome parade since they go through town once, then turn around and go back through again! They threw out candy, t-shirts, balloons, toys and even walked around giving out chocolate milk cartons), went to Rexburg to shop at the scrapbook stores, went to Mack's Inn Theater and saw a satirical musical called The Phantom of the Grand Ol' Opry, and of course, I did my fair share of reading (The Twilight series)! It was nice to go for 10 days, but it still didn't seem long enough.

Since then, life has returned to normal, which translates to busyness. Luckily our KSS rehearsals have ceased during the summer, but I'm still working at LDS Hospital, putting in almost sixty hours a week. Young Women's is rather busy as we are coming upon the ever-exciting Girl's Camp next week! I really love the girls in the ward and can't wait to go, but I'll blog more about that when I get back!

Here are a few pics from the cabin:


The whole fam goin' floatin!





Bracken, Dallin, Brookie, Kellee, Tayson & Nicole on the cabin lawn






Ryan-getting reading to go float the river




Beautiful view of the Snake River





Me, Hollie & Cola






Baby Tayson. I love him!





Nicole, me, Hollie & mom enjoying our prime rib dinner





Dallin & Bracken begged Kellee and I to take a midnight dip in the river. We finally agreed after they said they'd give us a foot massage for 40 minutes each!






Bro's Ryan & Weston at the Ashton parade




The watermelon eating contest in town. Weston & Ryan


Go Lexie, Bracken, Dallin and Alisha!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks like fun Krust! It is beautiful up there. That's weird ... I've never been to your cabin. Isn't that strange? Have fun at girls camp!

TaYloRcD5 said...

How fun!!! Kinda weird I've never been to your cabin either...... hummmmm but I think you have sure been to mine, oh and didn't I take you to Lake Powell? It is a good thing that you have such a wonderful friend that takes you to fun places with her! I wish I did........haha:) K I'm dying, camp is next week? I haven't done anything for Jayden. What do I need to do? You better call me!!!

TaYloRcD5 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

How fun!!! It looks and sounds like you had so much fun at your cabin, from all the pictures posted.

The Reid Family said...

There is not much better than the Fisher cabin....I have fond memories of that place, and I bet when you go with the whole clan it is a blast! Tell your sis to get with the blogging program and do a post already!

Carrie and Jeff said...

I've been slow on the blogging lately. That cabin is so much fun. Good luck at girls camp.