Sunday, August 31, 2008

Pain and Joy!

August 18th, and 20th

So, my dad has degenerative disc disease. About four years ago he had surgery to have three discs fused. Since then, his back has gotten worse and the time came that he needed to go back "under the knife," if you will. This time, they had to take out all the screws and do-dads from before, and then fuse two more on top, and two more below, meaning seven discs in all fused. Poor man. His surgery went well, but now, almost two weeks later he is still majorly suffering. After the last time he had surgery, he was superman and had an extremely speedy recovery. This time is clearly different, and it's starting to weigh on his spirits a bit. However, he is quite groggy much of the time since they have him doped up on so much pain meds, which by the way, he would absolutely hate if he was at all coherent! Anyway, hopefully he will recover well and be back to himself soon!

Upon returning to his room after surgery, my dad's lips were quite swolen due to the anesthetic. I told him, "Dad, I didn't know you were coming in today for Botox injections!" Still "under the influence," he kept pursing his lips saying he was inpersonating Britney Spears. I don't even know if she's done the Botox thing, but nonetheless, he kept saying it. Ha ha, I hope he doesn't kill me for posting this. :)





Here's my dad with the T-man :)

Get well soon, Dad!

Not two days after my dad's surgery, we were blessed with a new bundle of joy! Jed and Hollie had their 2nd baby on August 20th, at 7:44am. He was TEN pounds even. Oh he is a cute little chunk! I'm so excited for them and for us, cause we love having babies in the family. This is Ashton Jed Fisher:


So precious!



Chunky little baby. So cute!

6 comments:

The Reid Family said...

poor Marty, he is such a trooper. Im glad to see he was in good spirits! And that Ashton is a cutie...of course he is, he is a Fisher! Bless little Hollie for carrying a ten pounder!

Jones Family said...

Gees I didn't know that about your dad! I hope things get better for him, he is such an amazing person.

What a cute little or should I say big guy hehe. I bet Hollie is happy to have him out! Your family is growing so much, how fun!

Carrie and Jeff said...

WOW! A 10 lb. baby! That's huge! What a cute chunk! I love chunky babies. Ashton is a cute name. I hope your dad is doing better.

TaYloRcD5 said...

Poor Martha!!!! I love that man!! If there is anything I can do let me know. I should make him cookies or something, what's his favorite??? Tell him I love him!!!

audri jo said...

Krista, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I've been so wrapped up in my own life I haven't checked your blog forever. I think one of the most difficult things in this life is watching those you love suffer. The picture of him impersonating Brittney Spears is hilarious, though. He's lucky to have such fun people surrounding him to keep his spirits up. This post is a while ago, but I know it's a long recovery (my mom has had several discs fused)...so I hope he is recovering well.

Anonymous said...

My name is Diana Lee and i would like to show you my personal experience with Botox.

I have suffered with migraines and neck pain for many years. Botox has given me my life back. I have arthritis in my neck and Botox is the ONLY thing that has given me relief.

Side Effects-
None…miracle drug

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Diana Lee