Friday, October 17, 2008

Seriously Lacking...

....on the blog front! It's been over a month and a half! It's crazy too because it seems like there's been a lot to write about. Oh well. I'll go back...

Back in the first week of September, my 2nd oldest brother Brady got married. A few months prior, a close friend of Brady's pursuaded him to sign up for LDS Singles. After going out with one hoochie girl, he went on a date with Mindy. Now, mind you, Brady has been rather bitter towards women (and for good reason) for quite some time. So the following event had to be a miracle! Upon dropping Mindy off at her house on their first date, he got it. He got a strong impression she was to be his wife. If any of you know Brady, you'd know that whenever he heard stories about how people knew after one date, he'd roll his eyes and call 'em crazy! As he pulled out of her driveway, he uttered the words, "Oh, CRAP" (though to be honest, I don't think crap was the word he used)! He later said he felt like the Lord had to hit him over the head with it because he probably wouldn't have asked her out again (not because he didn't like her, but because he wasn't interested in getting serious with anyone). So after five months of dating, the got married in the Manti Temple for time and eternity. Our families made the trek to Manti and had a very nice time. After the ceremony we reconvened at the local B&B where they had a luncheon. Brady and Mindy had asked Kellee and I to sing a few love songs, which for any normal person would be fine. I, however, seem to bawl like a baby whenever singing at weddings.

Case in point: February, 2002, Jed (brother) & Hollie's wedding luncheon. It was the first time singing at the wedding of someone with whom I was closely related. Kellee beautifully started belting out the words to Martina McBride's "Valentine" while I waited for my verse to come. I got out the first four or five words out before a loud, PFFFTTTTT, was heard throughout the PA system when I started to cry. I stopped "singing" and proceeded to apologize into the microphone. Luckily, my sister-in-law RaNae motioned to Kellee to finish out my verse. I think I may have pulled it together somewhere towards the end of the song, but I really don't know as I've tried to block it from my memory.

Anyway, back to Brady's wedding, we sang "God Blessed the Broken Road," and "Standing Right Next to You," at their request and ALMOST got through it with a snafu. I was doing quite well until I looked around and saw that everywhere I turned someone was crying! My voice was rather shaky on a couple parts, but at least I didn't snort into the mic! After we sang we had a special surprise for the Newlyweds. Brady had requested us to sing a song called, "I've Got a Winner in You." It really is a cute song and had a sweet message, but Kellee and I weren't about to sing some Don Williams song, so I taught it to Brady's son, Preston. I played the guitar for him while he sang and it was a total surprise. If I thought people were crying during our two songs, then they were sobbing during his!

After the luncheon, the Fisher clan headed to Mt. Pleasant-where my mom grew up-and went to our grandparents headstones, the house my mom grew up in (which is now a cute B&B), and some of her relatives homes. Although there was one or two mishaps (just ask my brother Brett about his drive there), it was a very happy, wonderful day!

So, that was just one of the many things that have happened since my last posting. I'll put up pics from the wedding soon! :)

8 comments:

Jones Family said...

Hahaha I love your posts.. I totally remember that at Jed's wedding!

That sounds like a great day for you guys, I'm happy for brady! I love the Fisher clan!!!

Diana said...

You always listen to me :) I must have some kind of amazing influence to get you to actually post again! Haha, love you and I love the story about the snorting into the microphone. I too have a few awful memories of singing at siblings weddings. In fact they wont let me forget.

Carrie and Jeff said...

I like your snorting story. I was crying because I was laughing so hard. I've learned to to actually look at people when I'm singing for something like that--especially people you know. I'm glad you finally blogged again. Congrats to your brother Brady. I'm glad he found happiness and is not bitter toward women anymore. Talk to you soon.

Ali Miller said...

Hillarious and Sweet! Sounds like you guys haven't changed much. Congrats on a new sister-in-law, and get in control would ya! luv ya.

Nancy said...

Yay! Good to see you back in the blogging world. :] Sounds like you've had a lot going on. Glad your bro found a good woman. :]

Nikki A. said...

Hey pookie, funny stuff! It sounds like a great time was had by all. I want you to play guitar for me while I clog in my sparkly body suit from Mamma Mia. Cool? You're hot! I'm glad you're back :D....Lunch?? Love ya!

TaYloRcD5 said...

Oh how you make me laugh!!!! I was seriously in tears. I could just hear you now!! How funny

Da TuPolAz said...

Wow that's one story!! I met brady right? he's the one with the son that sang with KSS? Anyways I totally miss singing with you guys. I always try to do stuff to keep up the singing but sometimes it's hard to commit to rehearsals when I'm not sure if my kids are going to be running wild if I can't find someone to watch them. I'm hoping that I won't loose it too much while I'm on this "mother" break. That's so crazy that Brady met her on LDS singles....hopefully something cool like that will happen to my brother. Well since I have kids its very unlikely that well be traveling to utah anytime soon. My brother is going to school at BYU so hopefully before he graduates well go up there to watch him play he's on the football team on special teams but hopefully through the years hell get more playing time in which case we for sure will go back to utah. I miss it even though I love it here